Beijing Municipal Bureau of Radio and Television has the following main functions:
1. Implement state and CPC policies regulations on radio, television and films, and steer public opinion towards the right direction.
2. Promote development of radio and television, formulate development plans for radio and television entities, and explore reforms of the radio and television administration system.
3. Submit local draft laws concerning administration of radio, television and film; implement relevant policies; approve radio and television coverage plans of Beijing; coordinate the orientation, development and management of radio and television at county and district levels.
4. Administer radio and television stations and program production, cable service for government agencies, military, social organizations, enterprises and institutions and oversee video-on-demand businesses.
5. Issue or revoke film and television production licenses according to relevant laws.
6. Guide broadcasting and film sectors of Beijing in their exchanges with the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Macao Special Administrative Region, Taiwan and other regions and countries, and administer overseas or joint film/television program production in Beijing.
7. Coordinate development of special radio and television networks, private frequency designation and frequency interference; approve and administer radio and television networks; implement national radio and television technical standards and manage radio and television-related scientific and technological achievements of Beijing; approve and administer cable and ground satellite receiving facilities; issue or revoke, in accordance with national laws and regulations, permits for design and installation of cable television and ground satellite receiving facilities.
8. Undertake other duties assigned by the Beijing Municipal Committee of the CPC and the Municipal Government.
Address：No 14, Jianguomenwai street, Chaoyang district, Beijing
Tel：+86 10 6515 9068