Beijing Municipal Bureau of Agriculture has the following main functions:
1. Implement regulations of the state and the Municipal Government on agricultural development; draft and enforce local laws on agriculture.
2. Enforce administrative laws and publicity to promote the legal system in animal husbandry, planting, aquatic products and agricultural machinery industries.
3. Promote development and utilization of renewable energy in the agricultural sector, ecological agriculture and environmental protection; oversee management of green food labels.
4. Study the city's agricultural development and investments in agriculture and present policy suggestions; take charge of the implementation of development projects and plans of the city's animal husbandry, planting, aquatic products and agricultural machinery industries.
5. Implement agricultural technological projects as well as research findings of agricultural technologies; organize the city's agricultural technology service system; examine and approve farm workers' technical titles and guide occupational skills development.
6. Be responsible for managing the city's planting industry; draft local standards for pesticides, seeds and new-type fertilizers; coordinate quality surveillance, and appraisals of pesticides, seeds and new-type fertilizers and enforcement of regulations; coordinate development of grain and oil production bases and protect basic farm land.
7. Guide production, operations of the business and distribution of improved varieties, as well as experiment, demonstration and introduction; organize the forecast, prevention and control of insect pests; carry out domestic plant quarantines.
8. Inspect veterinarians, animal medicine management and animal disease prevention and quarantine; draft local standards for veterinarians and animal medicine and supervise.
9. Protect, develop and use fishery resources; take charge of the local fishery industry, implement relevant laws; protect the environment in fishing waters and aquatic wild lives; draft local standards for fish medicines.
10. Manage the use of agricultural machinery; put into operation the city's technical standards and norms for agricultural machinery operations; be responsible for appraisals and management of findings and products of scientific research on agricultural machinery; manage safety supervision and repairing industries of agricultural machinery; exercise management over operators of agricultural machinery.
11. Undertake other duties assigned by the Beijing Municipal Government.
Address: No 6, Yumin Road, Xicheng district