Beijing Municipal Bureau of Industry Development has the following main functions:
1. Draft mid- and long-term development plans of local industries, annual plans, as well as plans for industrial distribution adjustments, and industrial restructuring.
2. Draft measures to encourage local industrial development; draft local regulations regarding the industrial economy; investigate major issues in industrial development and give suggestions on solutions.
3. Guide industrial technical innovations, promote development of high and new technology industries, implement policies to transform traditional industries with high and new technologies, prepare the guiding catalog for industrial investment projects and release a catalog to the public on a regular basis.
4. Install and upgrade the industrial information service system of the city, collect, sort out, analyze, and release information on key industries, and promote optimized allocation of resources and sustainable development of key industries; coordinate operations of municipal industries.
5. Promote professional practices to attract investments by focusing on development of key industries; coordinate development of support system of municipal industries, improve industrial investment environment, and facilitate key industry chains; coordinate resettling and adjustments of key industrial enterprises.
6. Encourage construction of municipal industrial bases, and coordinate development of industrial development zones.
7. Formulate professional codes for industrial enterprises; be responsible for human resources development for industries and provide industrial enterprises with talented people; communicate with industrial trade unions and intermediaries.
8. Coordinate activities concerning defense-related science, technology and industry in the city.
9. Undertake other duties as assigned by the Beijing Municipal Government.