Beijing Municipal Bureau of Local Taxation has the following functions:
1. Implement national regulations on local taxation and formulate enforcement measures for the city.
2. Set local taxation plans in accordance with the target set by the State Administration of Taxation and the Municipal Government.
3. Collect the following taxes (fees) (excluding local taxes to be levied by state taxation authorities): business tax, corporate income tax, personal income tax, land value added tax, urban and township land use tax, urban maintenance and construction tax, property tax, urban real estate tax, vehicle and vessel use tax, vehicle license tax, slaughter tax, resources tax, fixed asset investment orientation readjustment tax, stamp tax, agricultural tax, agricultural specialty tax, contract tax, farmland use tax, banquet tax, urban collective service fees, fees for cultural development, education surcharge, fines for overdue payment of local tax and land use fees for foreign-invested enterprises.
4. Study major municipal economic policies related to taxation.
5. Enforce regulations by tax authorities at various levels and supervise the staff.
6. Monitor tax payments within the Municipality's jurisdiction, and impose administrative penalties on those who breach tax-related laws.
7. To enhance public awareness of tax laws, offer advice on tax policies and deliver services to tax payers.
8. Carry out vertical administration over local taxation authorities, decide on organization and size of local taxation authorities, manage human resources and taxation operating expenses, take charge of training programs and ideological and political work, cultivate advanced culture and ethics within taxation agencies of the local government.
Undertake other duties assigned by the Beijing Municipal Government.
Address：No 8，Chegongzhuang Street, Xicheng district, Beijing
Tel：86 10 8837 1741