Children under 18 of foreigners or overseas Chinese entrusted to the care of Beijing residents
1. Passport with current visa
2. Registration Form of Temporary Residence in Beijing
3. Visa or Residence Permit Application Form
4. A recent 2-inch photo with white or light blue background
5. Birth Certificate of children with foreign citizenship (all certificates in a language other than English must be translated into Chinese by a translation agency)
6. Passports or Permanent Residence Card of parents
7. Parents' Letter of Entrustment stating name of the custodian and parents; as well as terms of entrustment
Photocopies and originals of above listed documents are required; notarization by local Chinese Consulates is required for certificates issued abroad.
Those who originally had Chinese citizenship but have a foreign passport must cancel their Chinese ID and household registration beforehand.
Terms of Validity
Visas good for 6 or 12 months with zero/single/double/multi entries are issued with no limit on number of reapplications.
Time for Approval
Approval upon submission of requisite documents will take five working days, not including Saturday when the application is submitted.
09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Saturday
2 Andingmen Avenue (East), Dongcheng District, Beijing
(Southeast of BeiXiaoJie Bridge, 2nd Ring Road)
BeiXiaoJie HuoKou Stop by Bus 44, 13, 116, 807, 117, 2special (Te-Er), or
Lama Temple Station by Underground Line 2 \Line 5
Please refer to [Visa Fee Rate for Countries with Bilateral Treaties], [Visa Fee Rate for Countries without Bilateral Treaties], and [Fee Regulations (2003) 392] promulgated by the State Planning Board and Ministry of Finance.
Tel: +86 10 8402 0101
Website: www.bjgaj.gov.cn --online notice--For Information of Visas and Residence Permits Application--L Visa Application
Customer Service Line
Tel: +86 10 8401 5300