Foreign students who study in Beijing
1. Passport with current visa
2. Registration Form of Temporary Residence in Beijing
3. Visa or Residence Permit application form with hosting school’s seal
4. Recent 2-inch photo with white or light blue background
5. Original Health Certificate from the Chinese Quarantine Office for foreign citizens 18 and over, needed only for first-time application as foreign student for Resident Permit
6. "Admission Confirmation" by enrolling school together with JW201 or JW202 form for foreign citizens who have entered China on an L or F visa.
Photocopies and originals of above listed documents are required.
Those who originally had Chinese citizenship but have a foreign passport must cancel their Chinese ID and household registration beforehand.
Terms of Validity
Terms of validity for Resident Permit is granted in accordance with the duration of study in China, to be determined on the final decision by the school in case of discrepancy between that specified in the Admission Confirmation and an earlier school letter.
Time for Approval
Approval will be granted upon submission of requisite documents in 5 workdays, which does not include Saturday the day when applications are collected.
09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Saturday
2 Andingmen Avenue (East), Dongcheng District, Beijing
(Southeast of BeiXiaoJie Bridge, 2nd Ring Road)
BeiXiaoJie HuoKou Stop by Bus 44, 13, 116, 807, 117, 2 (Te-Er), or
Lama Temple Station by Underground Line 2/Line 5
Please refer to [Visa Fee Rate for Countries with Bilateral Treaties], [Visa Fee Rate for Countries without Bilateral Treaties], and [Fee Regulations (2003) 392] promulgated by the State Planning Board and Ministry of Finance.
Tel: +86 10 8402 0101
Website: www.bjgaj.gov.cn -- online notice -- For Information of Visas and Residence Permits Application-- Resident Permit
Customer Service Line
Tel: +86 10 8401 5300