Prince Gong's Mansion
The Prince's Mansion culture is an important part of traditional Chinese culture, which bridges imperial culture and normal citizen culture.
1. Prince Gong's Mansion
Prince Gong's Mansion - Gong Wang Fu - locates at Qianhai Xijie to the north of Shichahai. It is the best preserved Qing Dynasty princely mansion and also a fine example of ancient Chinese Prince's Mansion culture.
Prince Zheng's Mansion
2. Prince Zheng's Mansion
Prince Zheng's Mansion, in Erlong (Two Dragon) Road in Xidan, was formerly China University and is now part of the State Education Commission.
Prince Keqin's (junwang) Mansion
3. Prince Keqin's (junwang) Mansion
Prince Keqin's Mansion on Xinwenhua Road in Xuanwumennei is now the Xinwenhua Road Second Primary School. Although the mansion is not large, it is exquisitely constructed. The main halls of the front and central courtyards are five jian each; the main hall in the rear courtyard measures seven.
Prince Chun's Mansion
4. Prince Chun's Mansion
Prince Chun owned two mansions, one in Taiping Hu (Peace Lake) in Xicheng District and the other on the north bank of Houhai (Rear Lake). The mansions remained the property of the family for over 60 years and were occupied by three generations. The residence is particularly famous for its fine gardens. In 1913 and 1914 the mansion became Zhonghua University and later Republic (Minguo) University. Now it is the Central Conservatory of Music.
5. Prince Li's Mansion
Prince Li's Mansion is in Jiangfang Hutong, Dongxie Street, to the south of Xi' anmen. Just after the founding of the People's Republic, the Ministry of Interior Affairs had its office here.
6. Prince Qing's Mansion
7. Prince Yu's Mansion
Prince Yu's Mansion in the Third Western Lane at Dongdan is now the site of the Peking Hospital (formerly the Peiping Union Medical College).
8. Prince Zhuang's Mansion
Prince Zhuang's Mansion is located in Xitaipingcang in Ping'anli.
9. Prince Shuncheng's Mansion
Prince Shuncheng's Mansion, on Peace Bridge Road (Taiping Dajie) in Xicheng District, serves as the offices of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference. In 1924, the mansion became the property of Zhang Zuolin.